Thursday, May 21, 2009

Regen Stats and Moonkin T8 Itemization

I won't make this a long post, but Ghostcrawler said something yesterday that got my blood pressure up a little bit.

"I don't like regen stats."
The solution here, from our POV, is not to take the regen stats off of gear, but to get you to care
about them. To us, that's the same argument as saying "I can get all of the hit I need through talents, so hit on gear is a waste for me. Please remove it." (source)

I understand the place that Regen/Base stats have in the game, and I think most players also understand their purpose and aren't asking for their elimination. However, I think it is reasonable to expect that Blizzard will itemize gear fairly across classes so that one class doesn't have an advantage over another simply because they have a better tier set.

Once again, I have asked blizzard for an explanation for the inequity in Tier set itemization. You can find the post here. Please contribute if you feel you have something to add. I don't really expect anything to happen, but it never hurts to ask.

5 comments:

Ashrain said...

Thank you for making sure that Blizzard alters our T8. I am french and Blizzard doesn't read our forums. And don't forget the 4T8 bonus which must be fixed.

( ° )>

Dillion said...

Just wanted to say "Thank you". I've been reading you blog for a couple of hours now after stumbling upon it this morning. I've always been Feral (Tanking) or Resto druid. I don't particularly like DPSing but with the inception of dual specs it gives me the ability to have a DPS spec if my talents aren't needed. So far I've made it to 77 (renewed my account 2 weeks ago) and I switched from Kitty DPS to Boomkin.

While I hadn't taken a lot of time to research all of what your blog entails I had come to some of the same conclusions (albeit without the math). Your notes on both Lunar and Solar Eclipse rotations as well as stat weight for both has been GREATLY appreciated. I had not heard of the rotation names before so it took a bit to figure out what I use. I believe its Lunar (Wrath spam to get SF buff). If I'm wrong let me know.

So again, thank you for putting this all together in a great format. I will definitely need to keep an eye here for more information as the game/gear changes.

Dillion

Anonymous said...

Hey Graylo,

GC said they were coming up with a fix similar to Nightfall so the bonus would work how we expected it to. However, he also said they would be reducing the proc chance to 7% or 8% with the change.

GC says he reads your blog quite a bit (as do I!). Could you please make an entry and show how reducing the proc to 7 percent would still make the 4pc not as good as our T7? I really think they should keep it at 15% in light of our bad stat itemizations.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.