Monday, September 8, 2008

Toon Update: 09/08/08

Graylo / Lastt Standd:
Things have been a little frustrating at Lastt Standd recently. Attendance has been bad. This has resulted in raids starting late and not clearing as many bosses as we would have liked.

Last Tuesday we cleared the first four bosses in Hyjal, but didn't have time to get into BT.

On Wednesday I wasn't able to raid, and the attendance issues continued. They got down both Naj and Supremus, but they did it short handed. I heard that on the Supremus fight they had alts log into the instance so that when people died they could log into the alt and continue to DPS.

Thursday, we didn't have enough to go and clear up BT so we went to Archimonde short handed. I am told that it is easy to do short handed as long as you have the fight mechanics down. I think our best attempt got him down to 70% or so and that was without flasks and such. I have to agree that it isn't that hard of a fight. It just has no margin for error, and unfortunately for us a couple of people kept dying.


Anyway, the plan is to try and get Akama and Gorefiend down tonight and then head over to Hyjal to work on Archie some more.

In other positive news, Lastt Standd got its first Bear mount out of ZA this weekend. I wasn't in the raid but it is nice to know that we can do it. They got the first one on Thursday, and then tried it again last night. Unfortunately, they did not repeat. I wasn't in this raid either but I was on the vent to here it. They had some bad luck. A near wipe going to Lynx, and a couple of DCs caused them to cut it really close. They ended up wiping at 1% with 1 second left on the clock and missed out on the bear. While they where disappointed at missing out on the mount, its good to know that they can get so close. All they have to do is clean up a few of the errors and the mount becomes easy.

Grayfel:
As you can imagine he has been getting a majority of my non raid time lately, and I am happy to say that he dinged 70 last night.

The question is what do I do now. My original plan was to do daily quests to grind SSO rep and get enough money for my Epic flying mount. However, there are a couple of things happening that I didn't expect.


First, almost as soon as he dinged 70 I became a little bored with him. My primary goal has been reached and there is little left that I can do with him until the expansion comes out. I would love to run a little Kara with him but who am I going to run it with? WA is no longer on the server and I will have a hard time getting in to pugs with such horrible gear.

Second, the SSO dailies were harder then I expected. I got out there and did a couple and couldn't force myself to continue. The respawn rates are so fast for some of the mobs that died a couple of times from having something spawn on top of me. I still want to get him is Epic flier for faster farming. I am just wondering what is the best way to do it. I am about 1.5 K away from the gold I would need and I'm starting to thing that regular questing would get me there just as quickly and help me to improve my gear some more.

As an aside to all of this my spec issues continued. Not long after my last update post I went Destro. I decided to give it a try because I thought it would be a lot like moonkin and with all of the burst damage I could kill things really quickly.


Things didn't go according to plan. First of all, it was much harder to get soul shards. Crits would cause me to kill things early. Some times the mobs would have silences or knockbacks that would cut it off at the end. I could also never settle in on a pet to use. The Voidwalker couldn't hold aggro. The Succubus and Imp didn't do enough damage. I might as well have not had a pet out. I also was drinking and eating so much that it didn't matter that I killed things quickly.

Anyway, I'm not saying destro sucks. I think I would love it for a raid build, but I don't think it is right for me as a questing build. So I have gon back to Affliction. I may rip aggro of the voidwalker, I can keep my self alive with siphon life and life drain.

Graysin:
As I said above most of my time has been going to my lock but I did play my pally a little over the weekend. Nothing really exciting happened, but it was very strange stepping into a contested zone for the first time on a PvP server. It was only Stonetalon Mountains, and that has to be the most deserted zone in all of WoW. Plus Alliance have almost no reason to go there anymore. So, I didn't get ganked. In fact, I didn't even see an alliance toon the entire time I was out there. However, seeing the little horde icon next to my picture was a little nerve racking for some one that has always played on a PvE server before this. I'm sure I will get used to it over time, but the first time I get ganked will be interesting.


The real question is, to gank or not to gank? I'm sure it would go badly if I do try and gank someone, but it could be fun. Anyway, I will let you know how things go.

Wandering Alliance:
Well, it is official. Almost everyone in Wandering alliance transferred off the server. The only thing that is left are the alts and extreme casuals. Oddly enough someone /gkicked all of my toons out of the guild, but I got Grayfel back in. I don't know why I care, but I do. I would like to get control of the guild if possible. I don't care about the Gbank or anything but there are a lot of people that had a lot of good times in WA. I think it would be great to turn it into a casual meeting place for our alts and such. However, I doubt that will happen.


One last thing. The guys formed a new guild over on Garona called Trifecta. For anyone that has read my guild drama posts you know that I am not a fan of some of the people leading the guild, but there is a limit to things I will say or do. Last week, a couple of old members decided to troll their recruitment post under an unguilded alt. I will grant them that a lot of what they said is true, but why go to such lengths to try and drag some one's name through the mud? Don't people deserve second chances? So, in the off chance that the troll reads my blog, please realize your not really doing anything by trying to hurt their reputations. Whats done is done, and every one should move on.

Graypal and the others:
As you can guess, nothing really has happened with these guys. I have started to think about Graypal more recently. Shadow Priests have been getting a little love in the Beta, and with the current state of Moonkin I may have to play another class to raid. So, don't be surprised if you see a shadow priest analysis come up in the future.

No comments: