Friday, November 16, 2007

WA needs to Focus.

Since we seem to have similar issues each week, it seems like WA as a guild needs to focus. This has been a bit of an up and down week again. Some of it was technical issues but some of it was also people not staying focused on the fight. Anyway here is how the week has gone.

I sat out Tuesday, to spend time with my family and I expected the guild to do only old content by clearing to Leo. However, much to my dismay the decided to do Lurker, Tidwalker, and then Leo. Its not that big of a deal but I get a bigger thrill out of being in the first kill Screenshots then I do about getting loot. This is a good think since I share a tier token with mostly tanks and healers.

They put some very good attempts in on Leo, but didn't get him down. I think their best attempt got him down to 3%. Our biggest issue seems to be how to deal with the last 15%. It seems like most of the DPS panics and trys to do as much DPS as quick as possible but forgets to do the normal things like avoiding the Whirlwind and watching aggro. Not a huge deal, we just need to get a little more practice on him.

Wednesday was our down day. First off, we had quite a few technical issues. Our MT couldn't log on because of some one didn't pay his bill. Our lead healer was having big connection issues because he was playing from a hotel. Several other people were having issues with a losing power in their house. All of his caused the raid to go very slow and because a few mental lapses we couldn't get Hydross down. The raid ended up being called early, so I was able to do the Heroic daily quest and the BG daily quest. So, it wasn't a total loss.

Thursday started out looking like it was going to go well also, but it turned itself around. We were going to try Hydross again, but we weren't getting a lot of healers on line. Plus a few of the newer people were complaining that we didn't do Gruul's anymore. So we headed to Gruul's hoping that we could at least get that done. It went pretty well.

Got High King down and two of the warlocks got the shoulders they needed. We then started chain pulling to Gruul and got him down in one shot. The funny thing was that the raid MT died with Gruul at about 20%. This just proves how much you can do with better gear. He kept killing the next person on the aggro list but it would take him a little while and we were able to burn him down. He dropped two pieces of the WPD tier but no one need them. I ended up getting one of them and will probably use it for my Feral gear.

After Gruul's was done most people thought the raid would be called and we would break into ZA groups, but the Healing lead decided that we could do Hydross with 6 healers and one of our Shaman decided to respec back to resto. I think we got him down in 3 attempts so it went pretty well. The biggest issue in the first two attempts was that with our Frost resist tank. Our guild MT's account was still down but he was able to play on another guild members account since he had to leave. What we didn't realize was that he didn't have as much frost resist as the MT. We were able to adjust by pulling him out of the beams early and downed him quickly.

We then went to try Fathom-Lord. We wiped a few times because the tank assigned to FL didn't really have the gear to reduce the damage enough and died. However, after we changed tanks everything when well. Unfortunately for me he dropped two pieces of PRS tier legs, but they need the gear also.

The good news is that we have all of Monday for Leo. Hopefully we will be able to get him down quickly and maybe we will be able to get a few attempts in on Vashj.

After the raid I did the first two bosses in ZA and made some attempts on the 3rd. I don't have a lot of experience with it yet but it seems like a cool instance so far.

2.3 First impressions:
  • Mail Boxes: I love how you can now attach 12 times to a letter.
  • Rebirth: The cool down reductions is much more noticeable than I expected.
  • Wizard Oil: 60 minutes is great.
  • Mad Alchemist Potion: Very underwhelming for a raiding caster.
  • BG Daily Quest: It is very nice but I kept running into premades yesterday.
  • Heroic Daily Quest: I love the reward and I am able to get guildies to run more, but I thought there would be more demand in the LFG tool.
  • Intensity Buff: It is very nice to have an extra 25 Mp5.

Toon Update:
Graylo - I've decided to try and get his Fishing up to 300. I was at 245 yesterday and was able to get him to 265 in 50 minutes of fishing. I don't really like fishing but I want to be able to fish for the motes and food in outland. So it looks like I have another 2 hours of fishing in Azeroth before I can start.
Graypal - Absolutely nothing except for rested XP. I may try and get him up this weekend since we have a holiday week next week. I don't want to have any wasted down time.

No comments: